Read in full here.
No, they’re better.
Don’t get us wrong, this post is not intended to be a CPTG vs. certified organic debate. Certified organic is good. We support organic practices from any organization that seeks to produce pure, quality products, but the certified organic standard is not the only standard of purity.
dōTERRA‘s quality standard for essential oils, Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® (CPTG), exceeds industry standards. Because organic certification varies from country to country, province to province, and in the US, from state to state, it is not currently possible to acquire all oils under certified organic status. However, through the GC/MS analysis process, we are able to determine if any chemical residue exists in the essential oil, such as pesticides, herbicides, extenders, and solvents. With this rigorous analysis process, we are able to ensure that all CPTG essential oils offered by dōTERRA are absolutely pure as nature intended and a step above organic.
Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils mean something very different. It means we protect the chemical compound of the plant just as it was produced from the earth. We don’t need to improve upon that. If we have the care, the scientific knowledge, the commitment and the integrity, we can preserve that.” -Dr. David K. Hill, dōTERRA’s chief Medical Officer.
We source our essential oils from a number of growers and distillers from around the world. Each location has its own specific laws and rules governing agriculture and collecting wild crafted botanicals. We look for plant materials that are grown in specific environments, but we cannot say that our oils are all “organic” as that requires specific certification that we simply cannot produce for some of our oils.
Our CPTG testing standard requires that our oil extracts be both free of pesticides and other foreign materials, which is one of the main reasons for people seeking organic botanicals, and it tests for certain compounds at certain levels so that our oils meet the performance criteria for each lot of oil. If an oil fails the purity test, specifically pesticides, there is no secondary process for removing the pesticides or foreign matter. The oils failing the test would simply be rejected. Other than the careful distillation of the oils from the plant material, there is no other processing that takes place. They are 100% pure aromatic extracts, nothing added, and nothing removed—they either meet our standard or they don’t.
We partner with experts that have a lot of experience in this field, and their long history of tested purity is part of the art of producing such beautiful oils. They are farmers and collectors and chemists, but they are committed to distilling essential oils as artisans and we believe are mindful of their environments and are committed to sustainable practices. Our network is vast and our suppliers’ methods are diverse. If we were to learn of any actions of a supplier causing harm to either the environment or to the local people of their community we would certainly seek other and more appropriate sources. Our long-term hope is as we grow the demand for essential oils, we can help develop clean industry for local economies around the production of plants and extracts. Steam distillation is a very clean process. No solvents are used in the process, the left over plant material can make good compost, and the water waste stream is clean but for a hint of beautiful-smelling aromatics.
Lost 49 lbs & 27.5 inches!
“It is hard to tell your patients to do something you are not willing to do yourself.” Jonathan was also tired of the constant fatigue he felt throughout the day, the desire to oversleep, his clothes fitting tight, high blood pressure, and low self-esteem. He was ready to take control and through his wife Amy’s encouragement, he decided to enter dōTERRA’s Slim & Sassy Lifestyle Change competition in January 2012.
Jonathan set goals to increase his physical activity, improve his diet, and implement dōTERRA products into his lifestyle, but his ultimate goal was to complete a marathon. Jonathan not only met all these goals, but surpassed them by the end of the competition. Jonathan will never forget the feeling of crossing the finish line of the Salt Lake City Marathon held in April 2012.
“I feel so disciplined now. I feel in control again; not just in control of physical me, but in control of every aspect of my life,” Jonathan states. “This contest has benefited me physically and nutritionally, but also mentally and spiritually. I realize this competition was about much more that weight loss. It was about Lifestyle Change. “
See complete competition terms, guidelines, and prizes during registration.
- Participant must be a current dōTERRA IPC.
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Participant cannot use any other weight loss products during this time.
- Participant agrees that dōTERRA may use any information submitted (including likeness and image) for its marketing purposes.
- Competition is open to dōTERRA IPCs in the US, Latino, European, and Australian Markets.
- Participant must use Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend as well as two other dōTERRA products during the competition.
CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD
The contest submission period begins at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on January 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MST on January 31, 2013. All entries must be submitted with ‘before’ picture by 11:59 p.m. MST, January 31, 2013. No late submissions will be accepted.
CONTEST ENDING DATE
The contest ends April 30, 2013. Final entry forms (completed at the end of challenge) must be submitted with ‘after’ photo no later than 11:59 p.m. MST on May 15, 2013. All final entry forms must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. MST, May 15, 2013. No late contest completion forms will be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER (REGISTRATION STARTS 1/15/13- Check back here to register)
Submit completed registration entry form by the required deadline. Registration forms must be submitted online. Registration entry forms that are missing information will be deemed invalid.
HOW TO COMPLETE COMPETITION
Submit completed completion form (link available below on 4/30/2012) by the required deadline. Competition Completion forms must be submitted online. Competition completion forms that are missing information will be deemed invalid.
- $1000 cash
- Roundtrip domestic airfare to Salt Lake City, UT for one**
- 1 night stay at the Zermatt Resort in Midway, Utah.
- Spa treatments for one
- Professional photo shoot
- Professional makeover, hair consultation, and styling
- One outfit for photo shoot
- 1 month supply of Slim & Sassy products
- 500 product points
- 2 Convention Tickets (Does not include airfare, accommodation, and meals)
** Up to $500 USD for US participants
- Spa Day Package in your area**
- 300 Product Points
- 1 Convention Tickets (Does not include airfare, accommodation, or meals.)
- 1 month supply of Slim & Sassy products
** Up to $250 USD.
- Massage Certificate in area**
- 1 Convention Ticket (Does not include airfare, accommodation, or meals)
- 200 Product Points
- Slim & Sassy Trim Kit & Life Long Vitality
** Up to $100 USD.
- 100 Product Points
- 1 Convention Ticket (Does not include airfare, accommodation, or meals.)
- Slim & Sassy Trim Kit
- Slim & Sassy Trim Kit
Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
dōTERRA Team here.
Wow, what an amazing year this has been! We are truly grateful for everything we have learned and all of the new relationship’s God has brought into our lives this year.
John and I are truly blessed to have welcomed over 200 new Business Partners since February 2012! We thank all of you for making this year memorable and for sharing your passions and knowledge in the realm of alternative wellness.
You have all inspired us to no end and we are excited to see what the New Year holds for our wonderful organization!
In welcoming 2013 we want to hold our first New Year – New You Slim & Sassy Giveaway to a NEW Business Partner!
Your choice of:
4134 2 chocolate, 4 Slim & Sassy, 1 Lifelong Vitality Supplements
4135 2 vanilla, 4 Slim & Sassy, 1 Lifelong Vitality Supplements
4136 1 chocolate 1 vanilla, 4 Slim & Sassy, 1 Lifelong Vitality Supplements
Read about these delicious Trim Shakes here.
- You must enroll as a Wholesale Member: (enroll here, Click “Join” at the upper right, then select the first option)
- Have a Loyalty Reward Order set-up with a 100PV or higher
- Enrollment must consist of a kit of a 200PV or higher
- Giveaway dates: January 1, 2013 – January 31, 2013
- 1 Winner will be randomly selected on 1/31/13
Happy Endeavors in 2013!
“Lavender saved the night yet again! Our 2.5 year old burnt her mouth with hot chocolate tonight at Whole Foods. She was crying, screaming, and drooling uncontrollably. I’m so happy I had my keychain on me, especially so that I had a dram of lavender! She let me put some on the roof of her mouth and then she stuck out her tongue. That’s where the pain was coming from. It was instant relief after that! No more tears and no more pain! Love this stuff!
Thanks to God for this amazing plant and to Gattefossé for his discovery on the effectiveness using lavender essential oil for burns!”
Jennifer A. – FL
Disclaimer: NEVER ingest a lavender or any essential oil that is not 100% therapeutic grade. dōTERRA’s essential oils go beyond that with their Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. It’s more than a trademark, read their five third party testing methods here.
Swine Flu and other Infectious Risks by Dr. David Hill
This is an article written by Dr. David Hill from dōTERRA regarding methods for keeping yourself clear of infectious diseases.
Swine Flu and other Infectious Risks
Unfortunately, germs and our exposure to them are a regular occurrence. As resistance and new strains continue to develop, we are at an increasing risk for serious infection.
I realize that there are many discussion threads regarding the potential dangers concerning the swine flu and other infectious health risks. There is much in the way of scientific medical research which demonstrates the efficacy of essential oils against a variety of pathogenic germs. Naturally occurring compound groups such as alcohols, phenols and aldehydes are often identified as being the most beneficial. I feel confident that it is a reasonable and responsible approach to use essential oils daily in a model of prevention and for resolution of symptoms in the cases of exposure.
In general, reducing our exposure and enhancing immune protection is our best defense. I suggest using dōTERRA essential oils in the following way:
1. Establish the daily routine of applying dōTERRA’s On Guard blend on the bottom of feet (for yourself as well as family members) both morning and night, which creates long-lasting and consistent protection.
2. Diffuse dōTERRA essential oils in your home routinely throughout the day. On Guard and your favorite citrus oil combined is a potent and uplifting aroma.
3. Drink plenty of water. Adding a few drops of your favorite citrus oil will enhance your body’s natural defenses.
4. Viruses and bacteria are found in staggering numbers on surfaces. Use essential oils to thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces you and your family come in contact with. A mixture of Wild Orange, On Guard, and Thyme is especially potent. Diluting the mixture with water in a small glass spray bottle can easily be used anywhere, anytime. Simply spray and wipe for germ-free surfaces on the go.
5. Wash and wipe your hands using essential oils. Adding essential oils to your favorite soap increases effectiveness.
6. Use essential oils in combination to enhance their germ fighting benefits. The essential oils of On Guard (dōTERRA’s natural defense blend), Oregano, and Thyme are a critical part of your family’s protection plan. At the onset of any infection this combination used internally by capsule ingestion or on the bottom of the feet can offer quick relief and elimination.
7. Maintain the basis of personal health through appropriate supplementation. Using dōTERRA Lifelong Wellness pack has immune sustaining benefits for your entire family. With an ORAC score of nearly 6000 per serving, every cell in your body is fortified.
Using CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils is a safe and consistent approach to safeguarding individual and family health.
Yours in Health,
Dr. David Hill
Chief Medical Officer Chairman Scientific Advisor Committee